Fishing Report Michaux State Forest Wild Trout

Default Michaux State Forest Wild Trout

My friend Jim and I headed into the mountains today to fish two wild trout streams. Both streams hold brook and brown trout. The first stream, while no longer stocked in this section, receives significant pressure. I've caught some nice wild brown trout in this stream, but I know many are harvested as well. It can be hit or miss. The second stream, a tributary to the first, receives little to no pressure due it's size. Although we caught a handful of small brooks and browns early, we each caught larger fish as we worked our way up the smaller tributary. We only fished about 3 hours this afternoon. Fishing was slow at times, but it was a beautiful day to be on the water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	72676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream2.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	72677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream3.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	72678  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream4.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	72679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	72680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish2.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	72681  

Chris, Very nice. Beautiful streams only 20 minutes from home, but of course I'm driving 4 hrs every few days to flounder, speck and red drum fish the ESVA. Need to take a break and hit some home waters. Thanks for the post and pictures to remind me what's in my back yard.