Severn - 7/5

Thread: Severn - 7/5

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish

Default Severn - 7/5

For years I have enjoyed and appreciated that TF reports of SteveL and Piscophile. They fish light and ultalight tackle at many spots in the Severn, much like I do. I received an invitation to fish with them on Steve's boat Fri morning. We had a great time, catching plenty of perch on different spinners. I used a Woody's feather jig and a Bignose spinnerbait. The other guys used beetle spins tipped with 2" Gulp. The Gulp seemed to produce somewhat larger perch at the first stop -- I think the largest was nearly 12". I caught my share of medium perch. I also managed to hook two 15" rockfish (quite a pull on my ultralight rod), one very small bluefish (~4"), and a pretty little pumpkinseed.

The three of us had a pleasant morning with good catching and good conversations. I look forward to the next time I get to fish with these guys.
    John Veil
    Scout 162 Sportfish
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Manta Ray 14, Slayer Propel 10, and Slayer Propel 13

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Speaking for me self Mr. Veil was a welcome addition to our day, sorta like a blind date.
    When you first meet um, and they are not too ugly, and, know the dance, you done good.
    John was a pleasent fishing buddy, did'nt break any stuff, and caught his share of fish.
    It dont get no goodern that.

Piscophile

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

John,

It was a real pleasure to meet you after years of reading your Tidalfish posts and "talking" to each other on the internet! I had a great time fishing with you on the Severn, and it was a nice mix of species.

Piscophile and I both live in the mountains so it is hard for us to make it to the SRRKC meetings. I think we are going to enter a SRRKC tournament so that we have the opportunity to be inducted into the organization.

-Steve