Tidal Fish Forum banner

YAMAHA HPDI vs. OX66 Motors Reliability

Question 
15K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Varina h2ok9z 
#1 ·
I have a friend looking for a boat like my Grady 208. I have the 225 2 stroke Yamaha OX66 motor on it while the boat he is looking at has a smaller but slightly newer 2003 150 HPDI motor. I think old posts I read used to question the reliability of the HPDI motors?? Can anyone refresh my memory...thought HPDI's had issues with blowing heads...

#6 ·
Ditto...mine is a 2000 200 OX66 on 20' Jones Bros. Runs like the day I bought it. Keep O2 sensor clean, change plugs, replace impeller/ water pump every couple of years, use fresh gas and go. Never had a hiccup. No question one of the best motors Yamaha ever made.

#5 ·
I have a pair of 04 200 hpdi's, had one issue that tricked me for a while, ended up being two fuel injectors that wouldn't meet spec when hot, the rest has been basic maintenance - plugs, impeller, vst filters. They are awesome motors and I wouldn't trade them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.