chowan

Thread: chowan

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default chowan

Fished the chowan today and caught 54 speckle. Had a hand full that went about 1 1/2 pounds. Water temp was 47 to 48 degrees. Very nice day on river.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

thats a good day,how deep and what did they bite

Fishing in 23 ft of water but fish were up in 13 to 15 of water off bottom.fished kaylins jigs with crappie nibblles.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber racn35's Avatar

I ride down the blackwater river all the time to where the Blackwater & Nottaway meet the Chowan ... yesterday I put in at 671 new Hercules Ramp and ran to the 3 way at the state line in my big boat .... how far are you guys in NC fishing from the state lines ???

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Wow, nice report!

I've decided that I'm tired of driving 3 hours to get to the bay, and have decided that crappie are going to be my fish of choice. I'm almost finished rigging my 14' V-bottom aluminum. Hopefully, one day, I can catch 54 crappie up to 1-1/2 lbs! Nice work!

-TH

Yeah i love fishing the bay also but its getting crazy these days with what you can keep and what you cant. You almost need a degree from law school to go fishing now days in the bay. Waiting for the weather to break. Cant wait for the spring fishing, white perch,shad,and setting cat lines. A whole lot of fun.