Question Thousands of dead fish - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Abuse of our Fisheries is not new

Some of us have been spitting into the wind for many decades. Youd think we would learn. Its the definition of insanity,right? When 900,000 licensed anglers remain silent, this is the result. We keep reelecting the worst of the worst - the delegates who are involved in campaign contributions from Omega and could care less. Menhaden dont matter. Money does. Until we wake up, or the ASMFC does to Virginia what it did for rockfish years ago -FORCE virginia to comply or else, did anything happen. Not one single government agency is exempt. NONE of them are willing to acknowledge the inverse relationship between supply and demand. Nuff said.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber racn35's Avatar

we fished Cape Henry YESTERDAY ... up N down for 3 hours ... we saw NO dead fish ... every fish we did see had a clark spoon fish hook in its mouth and was alive and well... until it went into the cooler...

Quote Originally Posted by mfix View Post
    How can you catch a fish if there's so much easy food to be had ?

In this mornings paper:
    This is a load of crap. There were MANY thousands of dead fish. I'm sure in never-never land there would be little sea creatures nibbling on them but these fish's heads were ripped off. EVERY ONE OF THEM. Obviously the net killed them before they were gently returned to the water....
    Great management prowess by the paid off legislature.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

It looks like O'Rielly is the Jay Carney of the VMRC !!! How do you have miles of dead fish and only 3,000 died. Follow the money...

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

WTF is wrong with people ?? Oh wait, I know....greed & corruption. I'm an upper upper bay guy (not a whole lot of fish up my way) and if I see a handful of floaters from March - Nov it sickens me. Can't imagine thousands of rotting fish...sounds like this needs some major media documentation. Wish I could help.

Mike

This was one string of about 12 that we saw. Way more than a few thousand. If i were to guess, at least 10-15k. It was bad.

I'm not a tree-hugger by any stretch, but this was appalling. I saw this pretty early on, but there wasn't a breath of life in any of the strings and certainly no other fish nearby.

As my buddy said, why the hell did we just spend $40 on bait?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deadFush.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	127474

Quote Originally Posted by MWOLFE View Post
    WTF is wrong with people ?? Oh wait, I know....greed & corruption. I'm an upper upper bay guy (not a whole lot of fish up my way) and if I see a handful of floaters from March - Nov it sickens me. Can't imagine thousands of rotting fish...sounds like this needs some major media documentation. Wish I could help.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Anderdw2 View Post
    This was one string of about 12 that we saw. Way more than a few thousand. If i were to guess, at least 10-15k. It was bad.

I'm not a tree-hugger by any stretch, but this was appalling. I saw this pretty early on, but there wasn't a breath of life in any of the strings and certainly no other fish nearby.

As my buddy said, why the hell did we just spend $40 on bait?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deadFush.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	127474
    Nice picture.
    You wouldn't want those for bait.
    It was stinking so bad out there that the seagulls wouldn't even eat them. Maybe crabs will.

bay rape. and then they get a PR piece in the paper. you got to wonder how many fish they really killed. a flat of bunker is a LOT of bunker and it wouldnt stretch but a couple feet...

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Thumbs down

This is what they look like before they take them to the mother ship to be pumped. Considering that we all know how quickly Menhaden die when the stop swimming for a couple of minutes and we all know how quickly they die when too many are put in a live well. In addition Omega's Purse Seine nets crush even big red drum because of the weight in their nets. It is false to say they were returned to the water alive.

Kevin
    Weekend Mistress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14_menhadeninseine.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	127498  

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

As long as Omega keeps paying the right people there is little we can do about it. Everyone has there price. Its sad and unfortunate. They will not leave until they have absolutely ruined the Chesapeake bay.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast