Tidal Fish Forum banner

Tog, more reds, and a thief...

Fishing Report 
4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  tonydivefish 
#1 ·
Braved the rough sees with Tory today to get him his first citation red drum. Pulled the boat down to Lynnhaven to help with the ride to the cbbt. We stopped to try for tog quick, and ended up with a couple shorts each. The bite wasn't too hot, so we anchored up for reds. I get the first three lines in the water, and all three start screaming as I'm casting the fourth out. We somehow landed all three, a 46", 48", 49"! After that the trash fish moved in, but we managed another 30" pup and pulled off at least on more big red. Had a fun time, and was great to get another angler their first bull red!

Get back to Lynnhaven, and notice a ticket on my windshield... $36, improper tags. Truck tags were fine, and find that my trailer tag is gone... I know it was on there when we pulled in. The prick was even kind enough to put the nuts and bolts back into the bracket... Fricken low-life's, great way to put a damper on my great day. Hopefully I can get that ticket dismissed!

See less See more
#2 ·
Those rocks looks awfully close...must really trust that anchor set. Way to share the wealth. Heard someone else say the same thing happened to them on the tags a couple years ago. Can't imagine someone would take the time to put the bolts back on in a highly visible lot like lynnhaven. Might be something else going on there?

#4 ·
The exact thing happened to me about 2 months ago..I nailed it down to the cops they are in lynnhaven looking for the slightest discrepancy:angry: he took my tag and put the nuts and bolts back together...had to do alot of running around to get it stright..turns out in my case he was right..where I bought the trailer they never registered the tag with dmv..I had a dummy tag ..didnt even realize that my registration never came in the mail..so I hope this helps cops probably took it!!!

#5 ·
Great that you can get out in that nasty wind and waves and caught some fish.

Stinks someone took your license plate but to keep this for happening again, you got to make it difficult for them. I found Locking Fasteners for License Plates and License Plate Frames - Stainless Steel - Metric - Qty 4 at the following web address just so you can see what is out there.

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Cruiser/CR81300.html

most people would have a screw driver and creseant wrench to take the easy ones, but if they need more tools then they will pass you by.

#7 ·
Thanks all! All fish were caught on cut bait. The only thing I can think of if the police took the plate, is that the trailer is registered in my wife's name. But it was a permanent tag, so why would it be invalid? Is it illegal for the tags on the tow vehicle to be registered to a different person than the boat trailer? Doesn't make sense to me.

William, was nice having another boat out there with how rough it was... We left shortly after you. Glad you got one! We'd just caught the triple as you guys pulled up. You guys probably saw my frustration as I broke off the one big red... Lol!

#9 ·
# 1 : Great job guys, Glad you found a few biting! Thank you for great reports!
( reds and not shown themselves here in the Rapp river in any numbers this yr)

Sad to hear about the troubles.. Its good to share that info so that we all can be aware of it and watch out for each other..

#11 ·
Pretty work on the reds. A permanent plate can garner a thief. they'll steal someone else's undated stickers & no questions asked unless stopped for something else. sorry about the plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.