Question Florida 55+ Mobile Home Parks
    Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Florida 55+ Mobile Home Parks

Looking to buy a mobile home in Florida in a 55+ park and there are millions of choices. Prefer to be close to an airport, maybe Ft. Lauderdale, or Ft. Myers, or Melbourne. Any thoughts, advice or opinions would be welcome. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Bayside Estates, Ft. Myers Beach, but three miles onto the mainland from Estero Island. Canals, and about 4nm to the Gulf.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'm interested too. I am not "big" on the gulf coast. The "gold coast" is a zoo. The keys have the best fishing but you'll be up against $ issues, storm potential and overflow from the zoo to the north. Melbourne area is worth a look but not most of the city itself. Over toward Lake Washington might be interesting but I've no idea if anything is there. Try Titusville - Mims or the Floridana Beach area. Unless you are allergic to cold weather I've found good fishing around Jacksonville. Try Amelia Island or St Augustine.

Thanks for your response ocnslr. Would like to see more.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

IMO It's less expensive to rent every year than it is to buy for snow birds that like to go south when the cold gets to you.and you need a break.The pluses for me are that I can change locations every year if I get tired of the same scenery.I don't have the headaches of upkeep etc.Let the property owners worry about all that.Unless you have a good reason to buy there like family etc.,I wouldn't bother.There's too many places to see.,why pick just 1 for the rest of your life?To the good life.
    Fishing can be anything you want it to be