Fishing Report South River/Middle Bay info

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default South River/Middle Bay info

Ran out of the South River this afternoon around 230. Headed out to about 40 feet of water off of Thomas Point, turned south, and set my spread. Trolled towards the #1 (about 3.5 MPH), circled the buoy, released 2 peanut rockfish, and then at 445 had 2 simultaneous knockdowns. Landed a pretty 19" and a really fat 27". The 19 was on a #2 planer, 6 bars back, chartreuse bucktail tandem with white sassy shad, and the 27 was on 6oz of lead, 10 bars, tandem bucktail with a yellow head, white hair, and chartreuse sassy shad. There is bait everywhere, birds working all over the place, but I tended to stay way outside of all of that action because it smelled like bluefish. I also have it from a very reliable source that there is a really nice school of ocean Rockfish above the bridge. 30-40" fish, sea lice, probably came through the canal. I know more than 2 people who have located them and done very well. They are there, just gotta find them, although I haven't gotten up there yet. Catch'em up fella's, it is a beautiful time of the year to be on the water!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Great report!