Good Information bass pro shops you seriously suck - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish

Bass Pro is a clothing store that also sells hunting and fishing stuff!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

There bay tackle is insanley over priced....inline sinkers for 10 bucks apiece, 40 dollars for an rigged umbrella rig, 35 for rigged tandem, I mean seriously who buys that stuff there go to the local shop for a 50 - 75% discount. Don't get me wrong I do buy from there time to time spring rod and reel sale, fishing line even some work clothes.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Funny thing BW - There are BPS & Cabelas stores near me. I always thought it would be nice if they built a store close to us. Both did, and I rarely visit either one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dear BPS Employee,

After your first day, please walk up and down the isles to see what items you sell (and don't sell). When a customer asks you if you have item xyz, you really should have at least some clue what isle the item is located. Don't take the customer on a hunt up and down every isle in the store, consult with 3 other employees only to realize 20 minutes later that BPS does not sell that item.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I do support BPS (instead of Gander Mountain which is only 6 miles from me) for one reason. BPS ALWAYS gives 10% to active duty and retired military. Can't get it online but for me it is worth a stop when I happen to be in the area. All other times I support the local guys. I would only buy from Gander if they were the last resort and I needed something right away.

I agree BPS has an awful lot of clothing but I went there yesterday with several fishing/hunting items on my list (none clothing) and got everything I wanted. I also saved $50.00 right off the top plus another $11.00 from member points. In my book that is worth using their store. I've also returned items there with no issues.

When they build the new Cabella's I may spend some time there. I've found that they have a better selection of hunting items than BPS. They also give 5% to active/retired military all the time. I have been to Greentop but it has been a while. They were well stocked and very knowledgeable but I thought they were a bit pricey. I was looking at guns with them and they had a great selection of used guns.

I guess this is why we have options in the good old USA.

Steve

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

BYRD - you are 100% correct - they built a new Cabelas about an hour north of me in Christiana DE - we were all excited, plus it would be no sales tax in DE - made the first trek up there about a month ago before waterfowl season - the 75,000 sq ft building is 90% clothes and knick knacks. They have a 4ft aisle with shells - that's it. Never went to other side where fishing stuff is as I was so disappointed in the rest of the store

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Dude get a grip, do you want them to be like 7-11s, one on every corner. If you are that darn lazy to make the drive, oh well, you lose out on the deal. Think about it, it was a Black Friday sale to get people to come to the store. Should have done a Cyber Monday check for on-line deals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12