Fishing Report South of the border 12/20

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber iFishMD's Avatar

Default South of the border 12/20

I ran south of the border with a party of 4 today in hopes of finding a hot bite like we had been having out of southern Maryland. Unfortunately we had to work long and hard for our limit. Nothing big today, only eater-sized fish. All but one fish came deep on small baits. Water temp dropped to 42 degrees. I am hopeful that a bite will remain until the end of the year.

Talked to a couple of friends including one Walleye Pete who worked hard to find his clients fish today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1220.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	151106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	151114  
    Last edited by iFishMD; 12-21-2014 at 07:15 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Glad you got your limit. We ended up with one keeper. Lots of small fish out there which is not typical this late in the year.

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Slipsinker's Avatar

WTG Greg. You did better than most. Must be the Judge and that "sure to catch" warranty.

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Greg
    It was great fishing with you yesterday and you sure worked hard to get our limit . I know you did expect it to be that hard but you were willing to stick it out . Thank you for an enjoyable trip and hope to do it again sometime .

Michael

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Fishamajig's Avatar

We had better luck "north of the line" today than south of the line.
    Captain Dennis Fleming - Light Tackle Fishing Guide - CCNPP to CBBT & Potomac River (240) 538-1260 http://fishamajigguideservice.com

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber iFishMD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fishamajig View Post
    We had better luck "north of the line" today than south of the line.
    We passed over the area where we had been having the hot bite in MD waters on the way south and the fishfinder lit-up. I was temped to stop but had hopes of a good bite south of the line. If we didnt have fish in the box from our first pass, I would have ran there for some better action and just released our catches. Hindsight I should have played catch and release in MD waters before crossing the line to play for keeps. Oh well you know what they say about hindsight. It was still a good day to be out fishing and we managed our catch for a great crew!

Thanks for fishing with me Michael!
    Last edited by iFishMD; 12-21-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber RiverCat09's Avatar

Greg,

Way to stick it out and find 'em. Those fat footballs that you got will be great on the dinner table for dure.

Don
    21’ Carolina Skiff Sea Chaser “Unfinished Business”
    "Life's short, fish hard!"

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Greg, water temp was 42 degrees above the line on sunday. I am not sure how much longer before the fish vamoose or lockjaw sets in. Fishing was very good on Sunday above the line as we released many stripers to 34'. Got boarded by the man along with a handful of other LTJ guys. They were really nice and he asked me why I don't care about keeping fish. I told him my wife dislikes eating stripers and has a big steak in the fridge awaiting my return. They laughed and moved on to the next boat. Hope you get some more good trips in before the year is out.

Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber - My business supports Tidal Fish Walleye Pete's Avatar

good to see "the man" out there. Wish their were more of them.
    NEW WEB-SITE/Blog www.walleyepete.com
    Now Booking light tackle Stripers!!! Good stuff!!!
    Call with any quesions 703-395-9955