Need some Help Charter out of OC for Togs?

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Charter out of OC for Togs?

Being that the striper season has gone as cold as the weather, my crew and I were hoping to target Togs for some winter grilling. I'd heard and read that there was a good bite out of OC back during the holidays, with some really pretty togs being caught. Is it still a happening, and does anyone know of good charter captain who could put us on them? Thanks for the replies...
    ChrisR
    "the season never ends "

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

i would recommend the Morning Star out of OC. It is a top notch head boat style that only sells 25 spots max per trip. "Head boat" is never a term anyone wants to hear, but this is not typical head boat fishing. Capt Monty is well known as the go to guy in the area.

Platinum TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber iFishMD's Avatar

I havent done a tog trip out of OCMD as all my tog trips are out of NJ. However, this charter landed the pending world record a week or so ago: http://www.fishboundcharter.com/
    Charter Fishing/Reports: www.iFishMD.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Not sure how many people are in your crew, but The Reef Chief, runs 4 person trips. He also offers make up charters, if necessary.

Here's my report from 1/2.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...rst-Tog-1-2-15

Here is report from this weekend.

http://ocreefchief.com/blog/

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Slipsinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duxandbux View Post
    i would recommend the Morning Star out of OC. It is a top notch head boat style that only sells 25 spots max per trip. "Head boat" is never a term anyone wants to hear, but this is not typical head boat fishing. Capt Monty is well known as the go to guy in the area.
    Absolutely, Capt Monty is the best of the best. No need to look any further.

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hey guys...thanks a bunch. Working on a date(s) now ! Your replies very much appreciated, and I'll be sure to reply after our trip .
    Thanks to all,
    ChrisR

Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Morning Star only takes 12 or 13 anglers on tog trips. Go to his website for his explanation.

I understand Fishbound is a great boat to charter. Relatively smafll boat though.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Hey ChrisR I would like to go, and I will probably have 2 or 3 other people who are interested. PM me if you are interested in combining trips. 12 or 13 people and we could probably fill the whole boat with tidalfishers.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I'd be interesting in going as well if someone's willing to organize. Getting cabin fever already and it's just been a few weeks since the last trip...