Good Information Interesting bill passed regarding Law enforcement boarding vessels. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Chapter 7 is basically all of the boating safety and registration laws. For a full listing click the link below.

http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title29.1/chapter7/

That being said the beginning words of 29.1-745 B says Notwithstanding section A. To me that means that Section B overrules section A and that the local police can not just stop and board you unless they have probable cause that you are breaking the law.

Here is one definition of the words: "In spite of; however. "He went to work, notwithstanding his headache." This term is also frequently used in contracts, such as "Here are certain terms and conditions, A. Notwithstanding A, here are certain other conditions B." In this situation, this contract would mean that everything in section A must be obeyed, but even if complied with, B is a unique circumstance which could still occur and if the circumstances arose, the following actions or consequences would be described in section B."
    Last edited by Tom Powers; 03-02-2015 at 05:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish

So if nothing changes why the law? Guess the TSA and VMRC are still the only law enforcement agencies that can stop and inspect you with zero probable cause.

Of course, if one does not break the law one does not have anything to worry about!

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Read the postings, sir!

You might note that this has already been posted here, thanks,

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Hawk18 View Post
    So the Legislature enacts laws to help with the Enforcement of poaching and your reply is "Status Quo"? I guess this shows where you REALLY stand on catching poachers, huh.
    ....... Soooooo ....Chawk18 .........please explain how this law increases the enforcement of poaching ...... I'm really interested in your legal opinion

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nothing changes because the marine police will still stop you for not using turn signals when they are following you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12