Question Deep Drop Walk-Ons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Deep Drop Walk-Ons

Does anyone do or knows somebody that does deep drop walk ons? I used to go with Tony from Atlantic Bait & Tackle but he no longer does it. I would also be interested in hoing. I am available almost anytime.

Jim Clark

757 710 1410

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I would check with Mike Avery who runs Seaduction. Check the regs though, the closure of BSB along with the possible changes to tilefish may impact whether it is still worth it this time of year.

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber Mackey's Avatar

I second Mike Avery. Also add in having to fish thru the dog fish.
    Fish hard, life is short

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

I do some walk-ons. Sometimes hard to put together a group this time of year since seabass are closed, but we can give it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
    Does anyone do or knows somebody that does deep drop walk ons? I used to go with Tony from Atlantic Bait & Tackle but he no longer does it. I would also be interested in hoing. I am available almost anytime.

Jim Clark

757 710 1410
    I am already on Mike Avery"s mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by Striperstan View Post
    I do some walk-ons. Sometimes hard to put together a group this time of year since seabass are closed, but we can give it a whirl.
    Let me know if you want to put a trip together. My experience with deep dropping is very limited but the few times that I have went we primarily caught tilefish.
    I know you need a weather window which makes it hard to plan in advance but i am available on very short notice.

I'll still run trip when the weather cooperates which is not that often this time of year. And I will make sure anglers know that BSB are closed and we will have to pick through dog sharks to get to meat fish.

Blueline tiles are open for now. There is an amendment that is approved at the MAFMC level making it's way to federal approval. I'm told it will be approved around April timeframe. Once approved bluelines will be closed from 1 Nov through 1 May every year and be 3 per person private boat, 5 per person charter boat, and 7 per person head boat. These are the federal regs how VMRC implements this for Virginia remains to be seen. We are recommending we have no state regulations and just follow the federal regs which would mean goldens and bluelines have their own limits. Federal regs for golden tile is 8 per person open all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Avery View Post
    I'll still run trip when the weather cooperates which is not that often this time of year. And I will make sure anglers know that BSB are closed and we will have to pick through dog sharks to get to meat fish.

Blueline tiles are open for now. There is an amendment that is approved at the MAFMC level making it's way to federal approval. I'm told it will be approved around April timeframe. Once approved bluelines will be closed from 1 Nov through 1 May every year and be 3 per person private boat, 5 per person charter boat, and 7 per person head boat. These are the federal regs how VMRC implements this for Virginia remains to be seen. We are recommending we have no state regulations and just follow the federal regs which would mean goldens and bluelines have their own limits. Federal regs for golden tile is 8 per person open all year.
    I'm willing.

You can go to my website and send me your contact info to get on my walk on list.

http://seaductionfishing.com/?page_id=2664

New TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

I highly recommend Mike. My son and I did an over-night with him last May.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast