Question Any Blackfish or Rockfish reports?!?
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Super TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default Any Blackfish or Rockfish reports?!?

Good morning guys! I was wondering if anyone has a report of either Tautog or Rockfish bites? We are looking at going tomorrow and were just weighing the options. I am not looking for specific's but please pass along any reliable intel that you may want to share. I am thinking maybe an offshore wreck or 3 for Blackfish and then moving towards the beach for an afternoon troll around the Cape. Anyone else planning on heading out tomorrow? Alrighty then, everyone have a super day and Fish On!!

Zigh
    >

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

too cold for taug and the rockfish have been done in by omega. But have fun.

I was thinking that there should be some Tog available on the near to offshore wrecks... AND, hoping beyond hope for a sign of any Linesiders.... Out of curiosity, what do you feel the lower end of the Tog bite is in regard to water temperature? Be Well

Zigh
    >

5. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

TOGS 46 low end, 50 to 60 is optimal- any warmer and all of those 2 million extinct black sea bass and mother in law fish will destroy your baits inshore. Offshore (Triangles etc.) it temp is not that big of a factor. STRIPES- I have caught them down to 38, 40 to 55 is optimal. It was 44 when we caught the state record.

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Yep those bsb!!

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber gordy's Avatar

Plenty of good tog fishing now on the ocean wrecks and deeper wrecks in the bay
    I often wonder... do I lure the fish, or do the fish lure me?

Thank you very much for the info Gordy. We ended up fly fishing in the mountains for native Brookies. Caught several beautiful specimens and saw lots of fish.; not much bug activity. It sure was an amazing January day. We will probably give that a go again 1 day next week if we get a pretty day. Fish On!!

Zigh
    >

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

ZIGH- if you like trout fishing you have to try Douthat State Park. Beautiful scenery and plenty of stocked trout. Wilson Creek feeds it and is great stream fishing. The lake has some real monsters- they actually wait at the truck unloading area and inhale the new arrivals when they hit the water. There are also some big bass around the drop offs...

Good morning. My wife and I actually fish Douthat for a few days every October for the last 5 years. I really enjoy the weekday fishing there when the water levels are good. The last several years have been hampered by low water and fewer fish. I have not really put in any time on the Lake but intend to give it an honest try this year. Who knows, maybe a spring trip is in order?!? Anyway, the South River in Waynesboro is a good, accessible location to try also. Good Luck when you go!!

Zigh
    >

Rock Star TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Seems all the tog off Chinco are shorts....I am hearing the same off Wachapreague.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast