Tidal Fish Forum banner

Here's one to get your day started

13K views 68 replies 4 participants last post by  ACC 
#1 ·
#33 ·
Andypat, haven't been fishing since my wife pasted which is over a year ago. Sold my boat this pass spring which was a 17' Nitro. Not made for a 72 year old. I'm thinking about buying a pontoon and keeping it up the lake for the summer months and back here at the house during the winter. Going this week to look at some. Acey OK while I'm here, how many of you remember this one.

#39 ·
#45 ·
Well good to hear from you Bosko my friend. Been sometime. Yes a big time Vietnam War era song. They began the Vietnam programs on PBS last night and I stayed up till 9:30 watching it to see if they mentioned my unit when we landed there in April or May 1965. I think they were up to the history in the early 1950's so I don't know it they got that far last night or not. I was in Marine Air Group 11 (MAG-11), Marine Air Base Squadron 11 (MABS-11) We where in a convoy out of Japan and landed over at Monkey Mountain beaches. Got to check it out when part 2 comes on. Here's another old song from those days. I though of this song when I saw your post. Made me think of those good times we all had back on the other site before coming to this site. Not many of the old friends still post over there and just wondering where they all went to. Andy http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...710EE529962FBBFE4441710EE529962FBBF&FORM=VIRE

http://www.bing.com/search?q=peter+...-39&sk=&cvid=A2B2F42FEB124BC390C48DEA7F2A92E3

#46 ·
Checked it out. Part 2 airs tonight, PBS, 8pm. If I understand it right tonight's program is the history of Vietnam from 61 thru 63. Must be the 3rd Marines landing, the 6th Marines to their south then us, all in spring of 65 should be in part 3 I'm guessing. Acey

#47 ·
Part 3 tonight. Covers from Jan 1964 thru Dec 1965. Should show the Marines landing on Red Beach One and my command, MAG-11, arriving a few months later. I think I returned to the states in April 1966 after 10 months in country. In 1965 DaNang Air Base came under rocket and mortar attack several times. Acey

#51 ·
Been busy buying my pontoon and getting things right on it for fishing. Hadn't had time for song searching. My daughter arrived down in Panama yesterday for a week vacation and has me thinking for her safety down there. Don't know if she has plans to go "Deep Sea Fishing". Here's an old one from the 60's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.