Shad Fishing, James River, Richmond
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Tidal Fish SUPER Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish!

Default Shad Fishing, James River, Richmond

Finally---- After several months of now wetting a line, finally spent the afternoon Sunday fishing for Shad with a good friend (Mike) and his son (Jake). Put in at Maury St and fished a couple of locations below the rapids, but the wind was too cooooolllllllllldddd. Moved down stream (out of the wind) to the outfall of the Richmond Treatment Plant and had a ball. Shad darts of almost every color were productive, but Chartruse was the hot color. Lots of American & Hickory Shad in the 15" to 22" range were caught on light tackle. Caught some white perch too and saw some catfish get boated.

Met Capt Ronnie Sides of Surf Sides Fishing Charters at the boat ramp. As we were getting ready to load the boat on the trailer, the prop fell off. Too bad, but glad it fell off when it did. Guess the shop that just put new seals in the lower unit forgot the cotter pin and will be providing a new prop at no charge. [wink][wink][wink]

Really good to get away from the Family Room Renovation From the Bowels of the Earth and a great day on the water.

Kevin
    Weekend Mistress[excited][excited][excited]

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Kevin, Glad you got on some fish, we did the same on Sunday to get out of the wind. Going to go again after work today. The bite has been really good for the last week. Doug.

Congrats Kevin - Glad to hear you got into 'em. Send them down our way if you can!

Sorry for the double post!

Adams Durvin did stand behind their work and replace the prop that fell off. WTG Adams Durvin Marine!

Kevin
    Weekend Mistress

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Nice work! My brother has fun with 'em way up the Hudson every spring. He says they're screamers on light tackle....

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Fun the ketch and they make very good bait. The Hickorys freeze very well. Iv'e had good luck on Cobia ans Red Drum using them as bait in years past. I might just have to try them again this year.

Thanks for the post Kevin and glad to hear the prop deal worked out.

Don,

Yes they are screamers on light tackle. A couple of guys were anchored 50 feet down stream of the outfall and catching some 3 pound plus fish and having a blast.

By the way, where on the Hudson does you brother fish? I am from the Albany area and looking to take my Dad out for some fishing the next time in the area.

Kevin
    Weekend Mistress[excited][excited][excited]

PS Anyone else have some leads for Hudson River Fishing Guides & Hot Spots for Shad & Stripers???

Kevin, nice job. Glad to hear you got some pullage. The weather is only going to get better and better so you need to start pulling double shifts on your house projects done.

Mike,

Family Room 16' X 20' Renovation-All sheet rock in place except two walls. I am running the wiring for telephone, stereo, cable, 120 volts every evening. Hope to finish hanging sheet rock on those walls by the end of this coming weekend. Then sand & paint, but now Sandy has 20 boxes of ceramic tile for the floor.

Screened In 12' X 20' Back Porch-Sand, Prime & Paint yet to be started.

Tool Shed-New Roof with Plywood yet to be started.

New Deck 12 X 19-yet to be started.

Actually plan on bring the boat down by mid May-no matter what else has to be done. I'm not sure if I work harder at work or harder at home???? [grin][grin][grin]

Hope to see everyone on the water very soon.

Kevin
    Jack of All Trades!!!![tongue][tongue][tongue]

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast