29 Blackfin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 29 Blackfin

Dedicated TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 29 Blackfin

I've been (low key) looking for a boat to step up to since I was too slow on a Pursuit 3000 Offshore last spring. What comments do I get from the board on an '86 Blackfin Flybridge 29? She has fresh Cummins 6BT engines (180 hrs), well rigged for fishing, but needs some TLC from a couple of years of low level use. My research shows all favorable reports for a well built boat with limited frills. Who has some first hand knowledge? Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    TidalFish.com
    Advertisements

Average TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 29 Blackfin

Blackfins are very well built boats with an excellent rep. What hp are the 6bt's?

Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish HIT N RUN's Avatar

Default 29 Blackfin

Love the 6bta's. Easy to maintain, run strong, easy to rebuild & parts are cheap. I have 270hps rated @ 2600max cruise @ 2,250rpms. Can do a complete rebuild yourself + all machine work for under $6000. Gotta love that if you rack up the hrs like I do.

Default 29 Blackfin

They are the 270 hp Cummins.

Default 29 Blackfin

Great Fishing boat. I fish on a buddy's often. He has Cat's in his.

I think he's getting ready to sell. I can find out details if your interested.

Loyal TF Poster - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 29 Blackfin

sounds like the JAMES GANG . sweet boat I work with his mate on my regular job . boat is well take care of and a nice ride if it is her .
    Kevin

Default 29 Blackfin

i fish on a combi w/ twin yanmars and think it rides liek a much bigger boat. love the boat. not sure of the hp, but the boat cruises @ 22-25knots and sips the fuel. I fish on this boat a lot and i don't think you will be disapointed.
    casey

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 29 Blackfin

I've been looking for one that isn't used up for ten years now but have yet to find one that meets my needs and price.
    The best one I have found belongs to BW James on Eastern Shore 757.710.2050 or his broker Pete Peters @ Bluewater. There also was a 2001 for about the same price in NJ that was priced right. I couldn't find anything wrong with BW's boat that wouldn't be fun to fix.
    Problems I have found on others were delamiation in the guwales, bulkheads and plywood in the bilge, blisters. None of these were a problem on BW's boat and the engines are almost new. I would have bought it but my Bride says 'New or Nothing' so I'm still boatless. Keep Reelin

Default 29 Blackfin

yep BW's boat is the JAMES GANG I know her well . not sure of the price , but she is well worth whatever BW is asking for her .

TFer who Posts Some - Not a Tidal Fish Subscriber

Default 29 Blackfin

BW James is a close personal friend of mine (and currently filling in for my mate!) and if it is his boat you are looking at then look no further. The boat is one of the very best examples of a 29 BF Flybridge I have ever seen...and very fresh power. You can't beat that power package in that boat...and she raises fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast