Tidal Fish Forum banner

29 Blackfin

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  reboot 
#1 ·
I've been (low key) looking for a boat to step up to since I was too slow on a Pursuit 3000 Offshore last spring. What comments do I get from the board on an '86 Blackfin Flybridge 29? She has fresh Cummins 6BT engines (180 hrs), well rigged for fishing, but needs some TLC from a couple of years of low level use. My research shows all favorable reports for a well built boat with limited frills. Who has some first hand knowledge? Joe

#3 ·
Love the 6bta's. Easy to maintain, run strong, easy to rebuild & parts are cheap. I have 270hps rated @ 2600max cruise @ 2,250rpms. Can do a complete rebuild yourself + all machine work for under $6000. Gotta love that if you rack up the hrs like I do.

#8 ·
I've been looking for one that isn't used up for ten years now but have yet to find one that meets my needs and price.
The best one I have found belongs to BW James on Eastern Shore 757.710.2050 or his broker Pete Peters @ Bluewater. There also was a 2001 for about the same price in NJ that was priced right. I couldn't find anything wrong with BW's boat that wouldn't be fun to fix.
Problems I have found on others were delamiation in the guwales, bulkheads and plywood in the bilge, blisters. None of these were a problem on BW's boat and the engines are almost new. I would have bought it but my Bride says 'New or Nothing' so I'm still boatless. Keep Reelin

#10 ·
BW James is a close personal friend of mine (and currently filling in for my mate!) and if it is his boat you are looking at then look no further. The boat is one of the very best examples of a 29 BF Flybridge I have ever seen...and very fresh power. You can't beat that power package in that boat...and she raises fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.