Tidal Fish Forum banner

Rising gas prices? Shoot closer to home.....

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JimDE 
#1 ·

There are no excuse's not to enjoy your photography ............... Pick um up and shoot!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Guy...... Macro makes the world immediately around us much moe interesting and the subject matter near limitless. It can be as expensive or inexpensive as the photographer feels they need to go.

My primary style is seascapes and landscapes which nowadays requires significant travel to find locations that are new and I haven't photographed. Gas prices could decrease my ability to travel so macro photography just makes sense in times like this. I kinda enjoy the break from chasing the perfect light for scenics which means getting up before the sun or photographing when most are sitting back having an after dinner drink. My macro work is usually always artificial lighting.

I just thought I would post some macros as a reminder to those who enjoy photography but are on a budget.

#4 ·
Macros are a lot of fun. My local photography club just had a macro workshop where participants got to try different equipment and techniques. I have a 100mm macro along with a 25mm extension tube I use for macro work. Macro photography opens quite a world of photo ops right in your own yard so extensive travel is not needed. While I enjoy macro work, landscape and wildlife are my primary interests.

At the moment gas prices around here in Colorado are the lowest in the country and are projected to stay that way for quite some time. Also, Rocky Mountain National Park is only 40 miles up the road so I still get to do landscapes and wildlife without too much travel required.

Guy

#5 · (Edited)
This one was from today and I was surprised to see this lil guy out already as we might have snow later this week

I have tons of eagle shots from Conowingo Dam but this one yesterday means far more than any of the Conowingo shots just because of the rarity of seeing one of these in White Clay Creek.... it's not the best of shots and all I had was one camera with a fisheye and the other with a macro. Heck ya gotta use what you have with ya huh? ;) Anyway getting a photo of a White Clay Creek Eagle to me is like seeing a snowflake in Bermuda. The pic is nothing special photographically but it's importance to me can't be measured. Like getting a out of focus picture of Bigfoot! ;)

#6 ·
Nice work Jim..
By any chance are you one of the folks that camp out to watch the eagles nest on Stafford Road in Darlington? I see the same folks waiting for that one special shot every year. I bet you could by a nice car with all the super size glass, bodies, mounting heads, and light and sound reflectors. My instamatic just wouldn’t cut it. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.