Tidal Fish Forum banner

cut eel for catfish bait ?

19K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  justfishin 
#1 ·
Anyone ever use it ? I heard a couple guys say they caught some last week on it .

#2 ·
I used it some in late summer this year and caught some small cats in the piankatank. Granted we dont have the size of fish here that can be found in other rivers but caught blue cats up to 7 pounds and white cats up to 5 pounds
also caught some puppy drum with it.

--John

#4 ·
I have used them several times and only had one large fish on that got off. Shad is better I think. They may bite eels better at certain times of the year that I haven't tried. I tried them in march and didn't do well. If I only had one other bait other than shad I'd use eels.

mini moe

#10 ·
I use eels about %90 of the time .Mainly because of lack of skill with a cast net.I love using them because I almost always catch fish big and small .In fact I caught 1 blue and 2 stripers last night on eels.I like the way I can use the same bait all night long.Cut bait works great too though!

#12 ·
I like cocoa pebbles better ! When I was a kid that was the bomb.Lol I haven't been doing the cat thing but I have been getting into some of the speck and striper fishing with a friend of mine around the west norfolk bridge and doing well. The bait has been thick in there the last couple of days. No eels just Ba's and storms in good ol white. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.