View Full Version : Any 2007 Trophy Season Rumors????

Pages : [1] 2

DaveOsh
12-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Frank or anyone else--
Does anyone have any guesses as to the 2007 Trophy Season dates and possibly the MSSA Spring tourney? I'm assuming everything is still up in the air but someone may have heard rumors.

pellicot
12-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Tourney is tenatively scheduled for May 4-6, 2007, regs that's another story.

fishingfrank
12-01-2006, 09:03 PM
My gut is the season will still open on time but size/gear type/ or permit issues are anyone's guess.

philk999
12-03-2006, 05:55 PM
If I remember correctly last year when I spoke to Marty Gary from the DNR at the Earleigh Heights Firehall's show in March, the regs had not come out yet. It will take at least that long before we know what will happen again.

They say we over fished again by a lot, so expect big changes. Large increase in size, shorter season, restrictions on planer boards and anything else they can come up with to get us inline with what the Fed's want.

fishingfrank
12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Nothing would suprise me Phil.

Snow Shovel
12-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Dirty rumor I just heard (from a friend of a friend who actually has a fishing rod and whose kid can spell DNR so he should know) is that next year season opens 1 May and they will outlaw planer boards. No word on what they will do to the size limits.

Ravens16
12-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Dirty rumor I just heard (from a friend of a friend who actually has a fishing rod and whose kid can spell DNR so he should know) is that next year season opens 1 May and they will outlaw planer boards. No word on what they will do to the size limits.

That is BS, planers are not the problem. Just because you can run more lines doesn't mean you can keep more fish!
God I hope this isn't true! It's so much easier running your lines off the boards than not. No tangles, etc!

Scott McGuire
12-06-2006, 08:22 AM
That is BS, planers are not the problem. Just because you can run more lines doesn't mean you can keep more fish!
God I hope this isn't true! It's so much easier running your lines off the boards than not. No tangles, etc!

I heard they're going to limit everyone to 5 gals of fuel so you can only fish for a short time.

Ravens16
12-06-2006, 08:37 AM
I heard they're going to limit everyone to 5 gals of fuel so you can only fish for a short time.

:D :D :D :D :D

Megabyte
12-06-2006, 11:54 AM
They say we over fished again by a lot, so expect big changes.

I keep hearing that excuse, but I certainly didn't find the fish jumping into my boat this past season. Geeze... are my skills really that bad, while others are really that good? :rolleyes:

Does the quota include counting the netters take, or is it hook and line only?