View Full Version : Crappie fishing

Pages : [1] 2 3

Penn Pal
12-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Rock season is over for me with my boat in my yard all covered up for the winter, So i fished Joppa town quarry the last two weekends. Caught a lot of crappie and a few bass but no real big fish. The bite will be there all winter so if your looking to get some winter fishing for some pan fish ,Joppa gets me through the winter.

Mike

Gitzit 2
12-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Mike,
i am going to try a "soft" winterization on my boat this year.
i'm going to leave my batteries in and try to keep it ready to go over the winter.

last season i went out with a friend and we had a great time perch & crappie fishing around the docks, etc. in that area

i discovered some water in my lower unit and have to get that fixed so i'm not sure if i can do it this season.

maybe i'll see you up there.

Ravens16
12-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Another good spot up this way, Izaak Walton League property at the end of Perrywood Dr. in Edgewood. Tons of great crappie/perch fishing back there. Noone goes back there anymore, fish stock has really replenished itself.

Penn Pal
12-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Another good spot up this way, Izaak Walton League property at the end of Perrywood Dr. in Edgewood. Tons of great crappie/perch fishing back there. Noone goes back there anymore, fish stock has really replenished itself.

Dave, is this private property, and how do i get there?:D

Ravens16
12-07-2006, 06:30 PM
No, it's open to the public
It's right near Edgewood high
From Edgewood road turn left onto Willoughby beach rd, go about 1/4 mi. 1st light make a left.
That's Perry Ave (not Perrywood don't know what I was thinking) Follow it straight to the end. Park is straight in front of you. Marked trails along creek etc.
I can show you some spots if you want to try it out.
Check out an ADC map if not, it shows it
Let me know

fishingfrank
12-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Pennpal, Me and the Mex are going to try the quarry Sudnay morning.. Is it a real early bite of will 9 or so work? We also might make a scouting trip to that other spot.

Frank

Penn Pal
12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Dave. that would be great. I will send you bmail.

Frank. the bite two weeks ago was early but last Sunday i got there 8 am and was there till noon and the bite never stopped. I am planing on fishing Sunday up there also. I will be early so i am home in time for the Ravens game. Hot color was lime or chartuse .

Mike

fishingfrank
12-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Penn Pal , myself,and a buddy tried the quarry today. Nada on the Crappie but it was tough due to some ice in the hot spots. We went to the Edgewood spot. We found it OK but need a good guy like yourself who knows the area to show us the hot spots. Let us know when you're planning a trip and maybe we can all meet.

Penn Pal
12-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Frank, I know nothing about Edgewood at all. Maybe Ravens16 could tell us a little.;)

fishingfrank
12-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Went to the Joppatown quarry today. Not a crappie in sight but loads of small yellow perch. The tide was just moving in as we had to leave. They just about only wanted minnows-it was tough with jigs only. I caught only 2 on artificial but a lot better with shad dart/minnow combo.