View Full Version : Site Speed - Having issues? Questions?

Brandon
12-08-2006, 09:44 AM
TidalFish should hum and be fast for you. We now have very high-end servers, we re hosted in a Tier 1 hosting facility with the likes of sites such as Yahoo etc.,we have top tier bandwidth providers (actually three different lines going in to assure high speed), and now have a very robust program and code running the site. We tested, retested and I watch the servers all the time when I am online. They are humming from what I can see.

If you are on a modem your speed is only going to be so fast no matter what.

If you are on broadband and having problems please post in this thread the following so I have some information to be able to respond to why you might be experiencing slow Tidal Fish speeds:

a) What type of connection you have (cable, dsl, work broadband, dial-up)
b) Your computer stats (XP? Ram? Memory?)
c) What browser you are using (name and version)

I get a notification when something is posted on this board and I will respond.

Thanks

Brandon

00keywest
12-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Brandon

I have windows xp, dsl, and use internet explorer for my browser. Since earler this week It takes quite a bit of time to load the page. I tried from work and had no problems. Any suggestions? I tried clearing my cookies and files but still didnt work.

Thanks
00keywest
Jonathan

cointoss
12-11-2006, 03:37 AM
i also have windows xp. no problem with other sites,just here.i upgraded to IE7 about the same time this site switched.could there be a problem with that? it is getting very irritating and i need to fix it...........HELP JIM HOOVER

Brandon
12-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Honestly, both of these issues sound like computer issues, especially since Jonathon you can do it from work with no problem. I am sure they have a bigger pipe them you DSL, but not that much more that it would make that big of a difference from a bandwidth perspective. I would bet your work computer is a bit more robust?

I will not go out into a long drawn out explanation about our server and bandwidth set up, but will say the servers are sitting in a very bog Noc in a rack next to some of the largest sites on the net. Plus, we have unlimited bandwidth so no matter how much traffic we can serve it. The bottle neck would be our web application server, but right now we are not even near our max.

A long way of saying I suspect it could be a computer issue.

Brandon

00keywest
12-12-2006, 05:16 PM
I can understand that but why is this the only site that i have issues with? Is this new server so high tech that i need a new better computer to compensate?

Brandon
12-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Possible.

Where are you located? Could be a routing issue which I am happy to look into.

Brandon

00keywest
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
I am in Pasadena. I didn't start having problems until last week after the site was down. When the site changed I didn't have any issues. I dunno? Is there anything on my pc that I can look into?

Brandon
12-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Sounds like a computer issue to me and not a site issue. Really hard for me to tell without getting on your box and seeing it. Strange that it happened when the site was down for you last week because we just changed DNS records and did not do anything to the site.
let me think about it and see if I can think of something that might help you.

Are you on DSL, Cable or modem?