View Full Version : 7-River Pickles vs Magothy River Snakes

Pages : [1] 2 3

Graybeard
01-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Eminent Brothers,
Just thought I'd do something stupid and compare 7-River pickles to the mighty Magothy River Snakes. I say ours are bigger and longer then yours. I'd be there Thursday evening to defend our honor, but; if it snows or if there is freezing rain I'll have to dispatch snow plows and salt trucks.

uncljohn
01-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Dispatch snow plows? Who knew?

I don't think anyone is going to argue. Virgil has been posting pics of Magothy picks for a long time, and I do think the fishery is stronger up 'air. For now!

goose70
01-31-2007, 12:42 PM
It's stronger until the next 7-zillion gallon Magothy sewage spill.:)

uncljohn
01-31-2007, 12:50 PM
I'd bet that a few good sewage spills actually increases the growth rate of apex predators. Well, maybe. However I'm thinking that the Severn faces a greater threat from paved surface run-off than the Mag. Therefore, there are greater daily-stressors on Severn fish than on Magothy fish.

Big E
01-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Greybeard are we talking tourney here? Magothy -vs- Severn. I, personally, think they are about the same. Habitat area is about equal and size of fish and population are about equal. That is IMHO.

-E

Megabyte
01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Therefore, there are greater daily-stressors on Severn fish than on Magothy fish.

Guess that is why the Severn pickles are bigger and meaner. :D

Megabyte
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Greybeard are we talking tourney here? Magothy -vs- Severn?

Now there is an idea... :cool:

uncljohn
01-31-2007, 02:00 PM
I, personally, think they are about the same. Habitat area is about equal and size of fish and population are about equal. That is IMHO.
-E

First of all, we don't know what the population is, so I don't think you can make that guess. And the Magothy is a drastically different river system than the Severn. Mag has a narrow opening, larger wide mid-section, is shorter, and less marinas/piers/development along its shores than the Severn. The Magothy is more like Round Bay and north.

I wouldn't want to challenge the Magothy pickeral population.

Megabyte
01-31-2007, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't want to challenge the Magothy pickeral population.

Wuss! :p

Graybeard
01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Eminent Brothers,
I submit to you the Magothy Snakes are bigger, bader and better then the 7-River pickles....AND the Magothy River fishermen are way better then the average 7-River fishermen....lets talk tourney!!! But I maust warn you the last time I got bit by a might Magothy River Snake...it was on the hand and I still have the puncture holes to prove it. So I'm looking for some payback