View Full Version : March 17th /Essex flea market

Pages : [1] 2

27 sailfish
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Our next event will be at the MSSA Essex flea market.Fishing Frank has donated a table to W A F so we'll need 2-4 people to man the table.We hope to have more flyers to hand out and also a more professional looking donation box:rolleyes: (Hey-it got the job done).:D I'll find out the exact times-maybe we can work in 2 hour shifts and give everyone time to shop/meet other TFers. Skip

philk999
02-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Skip I will work Saturday at the MSSA Essex flea Market. I will also provide a large can with a lid, the Wish A Fish logo and several pictures of last years event. I should have the can done by this week and will e-mail you a picture of it for approval.

27 sailfish
02-21-2007, 11:16 AM
We also need items for the table-thanks Skip.:))

stevej00
02-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Guys...I'm checking with the boss on anything else going on that day but I think having a table and being hands on and hands out is the way to go....If I have no other obligations I will sign in for a few hours, I;m just not sure if either Saturday or Sunday ???

I have plenty of flyers. The tri-fold brochures are coming on Monday. It would be good to have a holder for the brochures....I can pick a couple up from Office Depot ???

Will there be one person coordinating the Essex effort ?

For education and so I speak more accuraltey about wish a fish...is there anything that anyone would want to add that is beyond what is on the WAF web site and what you pick up from helping out on one event and being at one event. Conveying the emotional benefit from the fisherman (guest) and captian side is pretty easy (now, jet me pop some testosterone pills to recover fron that.......Ok, better now)...

I guess what I'm wondering is any of the technical/WAF/facts...

See my post re the Annap. show today re WAF.

Your bursting at the seems availble helper outer....
Steve

27 sailfish
02-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Steve-no "one" is in charge of Essex.I know Phil and Riptide will be there.I'll be there both days but would love to have extra help.

WAF website gives out the general idea of the foundation's goal.I keep it short and easy-we take special needs and their family out fishing/boating for a day away from everything.:))

When I catch up to Al (Va.) I'll ask for more details.Sounds like you caught the fever ;) -Thanks for everything. Skip

Bob H.
02-25-2007, 06:49 AM
I can help, so far either day. Let us know when you have a plan.

stevej00
02-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks Skip....So far a few I;ve talked to always look at me with the "yeh....ok, go on" look. Maybe it's just a surprised look when they hear me talking about an involment with such a good thing.....who knows....the more I can providethe better.

Re the 17 and 18...Phil and Riptide, are you guys going to be there both days or are you short on one ?

For the WAF table in essex would you interested in some larger formatted prints or boards...they're a snap for me to come up with at work. Maybe some shots fi the web site page...who know let me know if your intersted. It would only take a few days of work.

After I get the brochures in hand tomorrow, prior to the next event, Essex?, can we coordinate a drop off of the printed items so they can get to who may be thier the earliest ?

Riptide1947
02-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm planning on being there Saturday, til about noon. I have about 100-125 black & white flyers. A large banner 2' X8" - paper (Not weather resistant), I've asked Skip to bring a piece of luan plywood / cardboard / whatever to tape it to, especially if we are outside ?
I have two imprinted donation cans with slots cut in them. I also have 20- full color tri-fold brochures for business / corporate sponsors. I have about 5- pages of receipts, if we need them ! :rockon:

Skip - Do they provide a canopy / if outside / or do we need to get one ? ?

stevej00
02-26-2007, 07:08 PM
If you guys need a hand with something or something printed up let me know...if you need an extra body there on Sunday holler. It sounds like Saturday is covered.

stevej00
02-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Riptide, If there's any chance of hooking up I could ask my wife laminate the banner.