View Full Version : Crappie/Yellow Perch Fishing

fishingfrank
02-27-2007, 08:46 PM
The Ice has finally started melting. Middle River Martin's Lagoon) is about clear as are the canals at Joppatown. The Joppatown quarry is also starting to turn back to liquid. Anyone else going crappie or Yellow Perch fishing this weekend in these parts?

Gitzit 2
02-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Frank,
i'm heading up to the Cabelas store this weekend.
just got the boat from the shop to have the lower unit repaired but hope to have the safety equipment, etc. on board and ready by next weekend.

Penn Pal
02-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Frank I will be in the Dominican Republic this weekend doing a little sail or marlin fishing and spending a few hours with the wife.(25 anniversary) Ok maybe more than a few. I will be thinking about those crappie wile fishing in 90 degree heat. You can bet that i will be back at Joppa the next weekend. Just doesn't seem fair.........

fishingfrank
02-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Like h***l you'll be thinking of us this weeknd in Joppatown. Have fun and I'll probably catch you next weekend at the quarry. Will you be at the chatper board meeting on March 7?

mberens
02-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Frank,

Do you know of any good perch fishing accessable by kayak in the Southern Maryland region?

Mike

fishingfrank
03-04-2007, 09:57 PM
We went to a couple of spots in Joppatown today. Strong winds and muddy water made for some lousy fishing. I caught only 8 1/2" crappie today that was large enough to win our first chapter one-day contest of the year simply because it was the only fish checked- in tonight. Similar catch reprots cane from hot sports in Middle River too. I promptly let him go alive in Middle River after the weigh -in. Better luck next week. Man, today was a tough 6 hours of fishing in that wind today!