View Full Version : Moving to GA

dylanranson
03-31-2007, 11:04 PM
I am moving to Kings Bay GA here in a couple of weeks. Anyone know of any good spots around for freshwater or saltwater.

eightshot627
04-03-2007, 06:30 AM
For bass fishing the ponds on base are excellent, big bass, clear water. The upper St. Marys River looks like great bass water logs, lily pads, but I never caught one. If you caught a bass during the Browntown tournament you could win. Catfish, bowfin, gar and panfish are all that I caught. If you are looking for bass go down to Florida or up to the Altamaha River near Brunswick, GA. The lower St. Marys and Crooked are great for reds, trout, and flounder. I have seen tarpon rolling in the St. Marys inlet. I spent most of my time inside searching the salt creeks for oyster bars for reds and trout. I had a small boat and would pole myself around the many miles of salt creeks. Great stuff! Offshore Kingfish, snapper etc. If you need any more B mail me and Iíll give you a call.

Walt

bibby
04-08-2007, 04:30 PM
the north river all the way out to the jeettys is a good place to start for salt an the blue bridge on hwy 17
for fresh put in at browntown an go right

dylanranson
04-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I apprecaite your all posts. Ill be leaving on friday. Is there anything you all recommend me bringing down there lure wise for the specs and reds. I will more than likely be buying a boat a month or two after I get down there. But until I get a boat ill probably just stay on base and go after the bass. Is there anything you recommend for bass?

ALso you know of any waterfowl hunting in the area?

Walt- I tried to PM you but it said you have them turned off