View Full Version : Do Not Buy Maytag!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

TKBMECH
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I thought it may have ben a fluke but now I am sure, that Maytag is a piece of chit! 14 months ago my wife decided she wanted a new frontloader washer & dryer. There was nothing wrong with the ones we had, they were only 3 yrs old, but she wanted them so I went and got them. I never buy those extended warranties but that little voice was telling me to buy it so I did on both of them. 13 months later, dryer (1 month outta reg warranty)starts making noise, sounds like a roller has gone bad, so I go through 3 acts of congress and finally get a service co close by to come look at it, THE FREAKEN DRUM IS CRACKED, if I hadn't bought the ext warr, I would be lookin at a new dryer purchase, it took 6 weeks to get the drum, they fix it and I'm back in business, 3 weeks later, washer starts making a funny noise, I called the service co on Fri, They promply set up a service date for today (mon), SAT night, the washer completely craps out.! They come out and the pump has crapped out, OMG, if I hadn't had the ext warr, cost to repair would be almost half of what a new washer would be, and these are only 14 months old. WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!
BEWARE OF THE LONELY MAYTAG REPAIR MAN!!!!

POLECAT
04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Check out the scratch & dent appliances at Sears Outlets (not the store). You can save mucho $$$ on name brands. There's one in Newark, DE.... no $ales tax.

POLECAT
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Check out the scratch & dent appliances at Sears Outlets (not the store). You can save mucho $$$ on name brands. There's one in Newark, DE.... no $ales tax.

Oops.... I see you're in VA.

rj
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Wow
Maytag is owner by Whirlpool which also owns
amana,roper,Jen air,kitchen aid,kenmore,magic chef & a few others

Bob H.
04-17-2007, 04:39 PM
My Maytag Performa washer is now 4yo and running strong. Only complaint, it doesn't load and unload itself. It replaced an Amana commercial series that ate the bottom tub seals.

TKBMECH
04-17-2007, 04:49 PM
They got the pump today, they are going to put it in first thing in the morning, then we will see what will break next...POS

rhahn427
04-17-2007, 05:14 PM
See what happens when you mess with Hillary;-) :D

Really ...... my Maytag has been working fine for about 5 years now ....... sounds like you got a lemon

hackeyfly
04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
I think my washer(Whirlpool) is 20 years old, the dryer(Kenmore) is well over 30, just replaced the blower belt in the dryer, got it from a shop right next to my office. Most folks replace both units when one goes bad, it's easy to find perfectly good units that at worst might need a belt or a roller bearing, at best they are completely fine. Recycle!
Pat in Joppa

TKBMECH
04-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Yea , The old style's are alot better, These are the new Neptune series, they are only 14 months old and have had major repairs to both already. I will keep my fingers crossed and my repair shop on speed dial, I'm sure we will get to know each other well over the next 4 yrs. before I got married this time, I had a dryer that was 20+yrs old, only had an element burn out, got the part and fixed it, was still working for the people I gave it to last time I saw them.

Roger T
04-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Must be a woman thing becuse my wife wants those front loader pieaces of sheets to.The ones I looked at were pretty pricey to.