View Full Version : Saturday Bass Fishing Trip

mtunc05
04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
We have organized an informal bass fishing trip for Saturday (4/21) morning at University Lake in Chapel Hill.

We plan on going early (the docks open at 6:30 am), renting jon boats ($7 each) and fishing until about 1:30 or so. Plan on packing a lunch and it will give everybody a good chance to get to know each other.

The rules about fishing have changed at University Lake, and you are now required to have a fishing license to fish there. Nothing I can do about that, but if you are in the need of a rod/reel or tackle we have a few extra lying around that we would be glad to loan out.

Please feel free to give me a call (336.210.3198) or shoot me an email if you have any questions. Hope to see you there.

Matt

HankV
04-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Good news - Bob Glosson, the warden in charge of the lake, said that on Saturday he would be happy to answer questions we have about using the lake for the Club.

In related fishing news, there is an article in the "Escapes" section of today's NY Times about trout fishing the White River and the Ozarks in Arkansas (there is also a nice piece about salt water fly fishing in Puerto Rico). The newspaper is free in front of the Student Union.

see you Saturday!

Henry