View Full Version : Help with Radar on CC

get the net
04-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Assuming I am feeling up to it (cold), I am going to get started on installing my Garmin radar on my boat. It's a Sea Pro CC with a Canvas T-Top. There is no spedific spot designed to mount a radar on this boat. I am using a 5" aft leaning power mount.

I was wondering if anybody has tackled this job before, or has any input. Should I secure the to the electronics box with large fender washers (thin fiberglass)? The other option would be to get metal backing plates to sqeeze against a 4" flat bar running down the middle of the t-top, but I'm worrying about the radar moving from side to side and becoming scewed. I suppose a third option would be to fasten a peice of starboard to the two mounting pads and mount the stand to that. What say ye?

A second question, when poking holes in the canvas for the bolts and wires to pass through is there any special way to do this to keep it from tearing in the future? Should I burn the edges?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

shawn fisher
04-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I have a 2005 22 sea pro with furno radome. I had a welder weld me a plate to screw the dome to. It cost me about 50 bucks to have done. When I installed the dome i burned the edges of the canvas and I sealed the hole with clear silicone. Knock on wood I ain't had a problem with it in 2.5 yrs.

27 sailfish
04-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Billy-give Clif a call 410 544-3340 or 410757-9374.He is right on Jumpers Hole road.He did all my aluminum work and can weld in a mounting plate for you.Fender washers and Starboard are hooky-do it right or do it twice ;-) . Skip

catman
04-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Dito on get'n a mounting plate welded to your t-top. Might as well do it right the 1st time.

get the net
04-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Alright, will make some calls. Really didn't feel like taking the canvas off it I could avoid it, but I guess I will. If you see a boat with no canvas on his t-top don't laugh!