View Full Version : Flip Down/removable Radar Mounting Option

teaklejr
05-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi I Have A 1997 Grady White F26 Tigercat Boat. I Am Looking Into Getting A Radome For My Boat But The Only Way I Can Add It In Is If It Can Either Be Mounted On A Bracket That Can Be Flipped Down Off My Hard Top Of Be Completley Removed. When The Boat Is On The Trailer The Top Of The Hardtop Sits At 13 Feet 8 Inches Tall And I Am Afraid If I Add A Radome Then I Will Be Too High For Some Gas Stations Or Even Low Bridges. I Have Already Knocked The Gps Antenna Off Twice Because Of Trees. Any Help Would Be Great. I Am Sure I Have Seen This Done Before But Need Some Help.
Thanks

By The Way First Day Of The Tournament On The Way Home My One Motor Decided To Lock Up. That Was The Most Expensive Fishing Trip I Have Ever Had. At Least Now I Can Get Some Brand New Motors.

get the net
05-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm sure he will reply, skip, 27 Sailfish, has a wonderful flip down arch for his radar. The guy who did the work is in pasadena off jumpers hole rd. He has the #. There are also mass produced options, but the quality is no where near the custom job.

27 sailfish
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I think I've met you/your boat at Sandy Point.Like Get the Net said-I have a 27' Grady Sailfish with a fold down mount.I live near BWI airport if you want to see how it is made/works.No tools required to use-only takes 30 seconds to flip up/down plus it sits just below the hardtop when trailering which keeps the branches off. Skip