View Full Version : OT: Jr leaving DEI

Danimal
05-09-2007, 11:23 PM
apologies for posting this to the VA board - if somebody would bmail me the pswd i'll put nascar stuff there next time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

SPEEDtv.com | Nextel Cup | CUP: Bulletin - Earnhardt Announcement Thursday | by Tom Jensen (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/nascar/nextel/37253/)

Dale Earnhardt Jr. has scheduled a major news conference Thursday at 11 a.m. ET at his JR Motorsports race shop in Mooresville, N.C. SPEED will carry the press conference live.

Speculation is that Earnhardt will announce his 2008 plans tomorrow. SIRIUS Satellite Radio is reporting that Earnhardt and his current Dale Earnhardt, Inc. teammate Martin Truex, Jr. will both campaign JR Motorsports cars in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series next year, with Hendrick Motorsports supplying engines.

Calls and e-mails placed to JR Motorsports were not returned as of press time, and the SIRIUS report could not be confirmed.

Other sources contacted by SPEED said Earnhardt will only announce that he will not return to Dale Earnhardt, Inc., the team started by his late father.

SPEEDTV.com will have much more on this breaking story as it develops.

Earnhardt, Jr. has made no secret of his strained relationship with stepmother Teresa, who owns DEI, or his frustration that DEI does not have the resources of some of the other, more successful teams, despite a wealth of sponsorship dollars from Budweiser, Menard¹s, Bass Pro Shops and others.

The driver complained earlier this season that he had take some of his DEI cars to his JR Motorsports Busch shop because DEI lacked some of the sophisticated chassis tools JR has, including a seven-post shaker rig used to test suspensions.

And while he won six races in 2004, Earnhardt has only won once in each of the 2005 and ¹06 seasons, and is winless just past the one-quarter point in the ¹07 season.

There were other issues as well. When DEI officials talked openly at Talladega about switching manufacturers to Ford or perhaps even Dodge or Toyota, Earnhardt appeared unaware of the conversation.

Lowe¹s Motor Speedway President and General Manager H.A. ‘Humpy” Wheeler said earlier this week that it is imperative that Earnhardt start winning again. “No. 1, he's got to get himself in a position to start winning races again. It's been a year since he won at Richmond,” Wheeler said in an exclusive interview with SPEEDTV.COM. “And that's just frustrating him terribly. Even though he's led races and had some good runs, he hasn¹t won, and that's the name of the game. And also, he needs to have himself in a position to have that prolific year, where he maybe wins six or seven races.”

Watch Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s news conference on SPEED tomorrow LIVE at 11 a.m. ET.

pepsi_man
05-10-2007, 10:10 AM
You see who will be supllying the engines!!! Good choice with that move. Glad to see he is waking up and moving on. That means DEI will have no drivers left right?

Pepsi man

gmoore
05-10-2007, 01:33 PM
maybe now he'll win a championship. dei has slowly been going downhill since teresa took over!!
gary

Danimal
05-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm glad to find out that his last choice is driving for JR Motorsports. His other options will be way better than a start up team could provide. Like most 3 fans I would like to see him in the red Bud #3 at RCR, which for special occaisions (Daytona, Dega, Bristol, etc) could be painted black and run with GM as the primary!

Being the 4th car at JGR wouldn't be bad either...

Hey, could someone BMAIL me the pswd to the BS Board?

Thx - Dan

pepsi_man
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
That place is totalbs. :yes:

BUDC
05-28-2007, 08:06 AM
I heard DEjr is going to the Mike Waltrip team. He said he wanted more weekends off from work!

fish1
06-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Now we have a great Rivalry in the same team!

Go Jr, Jeff, and Jimmy!

gmoore
06-13-2007, 08:40 PM
only problem might be johnson's ego. going from number2 man to number 3.

gary

pepsi_man
06-14-2007, 10:39 PM
only problem might be johnson's ego. going from number2 man to number 3.

gary

:eek2: :eek2: I don't think so!! Just remember who has the trophies on the wall.

pepsi