View Full Version : 4 stroke weed trimmer help

Pages : [1] 2

Russ D
05-28-2007, 04:45 PM
So I've got a Torro 4 stroker trimmer that will not stay running. It starts and idels fine but as soon as I give it gas it stalls. I've tried everything I can thnk of. Any suggestions?

Lone Ranger
05-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Russ,don't know how old it is...But it seems all of my 2-strokes eventually the filter in the tank[on the end of the fuel line]clog up and will do exactly what yours is doing.Enough fuel to idle,won't pass enough to run at higher rpm's.[Mike]

Russ D
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I'll check it out but this thing is less than one year old.

TKBMECH
05-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I have that same one, did fine for a couple yrs and when I left gas in it one time, the filter clogged, change it first, then make sure none of the idle screws have backed out

Sportfisherman25
06-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Not sure if this will help you but my mower man told me to run mid-grade gas or up since the new ethnanol gas has been introduced , since i been doing that alll my stuff has been running lots better.

mikie
06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Definitely sounds like it's gummed up a little somewhere. If the filter suggestion doesn't work, try running some Gum-Out through it. Make sure you use Stabil or some other fuel stabilizer over the winter.

Russ D
06-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I've gone through everything and I still can't get this darn thing to do anything but idle. I used stabil then drained that fuel and put fresh in. Any other suggestions?

mikie
06-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Will it open up and run if you choke it and leave it choked? If so, it's gummed up somewhere. If that's the case, either take the carb apart and clean it or dump some Gum-out in the tank and run it. Can't help any more then that.

rrr
06-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Make sure the fuel line isn't leaking or ripped. I had one that got a hole rubbed in it from vibration. It had the same problem as yours. So inspect all your hoses.

Russ D
06-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Make sure the fuel line isn't leaking or ripped. I had one that got a hole rubbed in it from vibration. It had the same problem as yours. So inspect all your hoses.

This could be a possibility!