View Full Version : best bed for the $$$

Pages : [1] 2

rwmath
06-22-2007, 08:32 PM
howdy folks! does anyone have any input on all of the super-duper beds that i hear advertised all of the time?? select comfort--temperpedic-- etc-etc. any info would be appreaciated also what i should expect to pay for a queen/king size-thanks in advance. richard

rrr
06-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I laid on a temperpedic bed in the store and it was hard. You sunk it but i am used to a softer bed.

Boseafish
06-23-2007, 05:53 PM
There is a HUGE markup on beds... Whatever you get, negotiate the price... Even if it is on sale. We recently got the "Pillowtop" bed. I personnaly don't care for it. It is tough getting the sheet to fit right and the pillow stays mashed in- it doesn't bouce back.

tolmaz
06-23-2007, 10:41 PM
I have the sleep number...Best bed I ever slept on for the first 6 months or so...After that the middle sags, numbers aren't the same etc...I cant get any where with them either. I have talked to a couple folks with the same experience...dissapointed:cool:

rrr
06-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Tolmaz-thats dissapointing news for me. I was thinking of getting one cause they looked like the greatest thing in the world. Don't you have a warranty?

reskewed
06-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I have the sleep number...Best bed I ever slept on for the first 6 months or so...After that the middle sags, numbers aren't the same etc...I cant get any where with them either. I have talked to a couple folks with the same experience...dissapointed:cool:

I've had mine for over 2 years, and couldn't be happier. No issues what so ever with my side or the wife's. best investment we ever made. Maybe you have an isolated incident? because I know several folks who have a sleep number as well and all are very happy with them.

Seahunter
06-29-2007, 01:08 AM
I travel for a living and sleep in maybe 150 - 200 different beds a year. When it came time for us to get a new bed a few years back there was no doubt, we where getting a Simons Beauty Rest.

Not cheap but the most comfortable bed Iíve ever slept in and I've sleep in a few:D

yllowfin
09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Sleep number for sure.
My doctor told me I had arthritis in my shoulders.One of my friends talked me into trying a sleep number.he has had his for two years with no problems..It took a while to figure out the right setting,but my shoulders don`t bother me anymore.I can not tell you about the sagging. I have only had it about six months,but the last six months I have slept like a baby.

Hippie Joe
11-04-2007, 03:44 PM
isn't there a mattress that doesn't allow dust mites to live for someone with allergies? anyone remember what brand it is?

creekdweller
11-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Hippie Joe - I understand that dust mites can't live in the foam mattresses like tempurpedic, etc. You might want to just try a foam mattress topper to see if you like the feel. That's what we did and I like it so much, I decided not to buy a new mattress. Found a good deal on a two inch foam topper for about $100.00 at Boscov's . Anything thinner would not be as comfy.