View Full Version : What's your favorite blank???

Pages : [1] 2

Steve F
07-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I have used a lot of different rod blanks, St. Croix, Sage, Rouge, G-Loomis and others but I will have to say that these Batson RX-7 rods that I have been building are some on the nicest blanks I have built. They have some one the best sensitivity and backbone I have found in a rod. What is your favorite blank just curious????

hardhead
07-12-2007, 01:31 PM
pretty good chance batson /rainshadow has what you want in their line....
Wes

blue lou
07-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Harnell, lamiglass, calstar, seeker, in that order. Rainshadow suffers from cape fear desease.

rhahn427
07-12-2007, 02:17 PM
What's your favorite blank???

......... Blue Lou ........ :D :D :D

Steve F
07-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Blue Lou, Knock on wood and praise the good man above I have only had one-rod brake on me and that was my fault or should I said my dog’s fault. I just fished a rod and I was walking up from the barn when one of my dogs tripped me and the tip of the rod dig into the ground and it snapped it in half. The dog is still alive but man was I pis#ed. I have used calstar and seeker and they are good blanks but I just like the Batson blanks.

Seahunter
07-12-2007, 09:30 PM
In no particular order: Allstar, Lami, Zipplex, Loomis, Cascade, Rainshadow, Pac Bay and Seeker.

Looking at the CTS blanks very hard

hardhead
07-13-2007, 08:29 AM
I'll bite whats, "cape fear disease"
Wes

ghrousseau
07-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I just moved out from Cali last year. My saltwater stuff is mostly Calstar and Truline. Also have some older Sabre blanks that were made by the guys who formed Calstar. The Trulines are my favorite.....................old school glass like Harnells and Roddy's.

Posse
07-14-2007, 04:40 AM
I like St. Croix ScIII and above. The SCIV line are good looking blanks, and have one of the best actions of all the other blanks I have built. One blank that I have used alot was a Cabela's 98% graphite 17-40 - 6' 4". This blank is just awesome for wreck fishing, or live lining. They were cheap too. $24.95. I believe Cabela's has discontinued them. They had them on sale for $14.95 with no "Extra" rod shipping charge. I bought 10 of them, and already used up 6. Just wanted to point out a cheap one too that was good.

Jerry Grimes
07-14-2007, 11:25 AM
It all depends on what you will be using them for,my favorites are Lamiglar Calstar Seeker.I like the Tri Flex and Grafighter series for my type of fishing.Now if I were doing finesse fishing I might go for a Loomis GLX.