07-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Anyone for a cold PEPSI!!!:thumbup:

Pepsi man

BYRD
07-16-2007, 08:16 AM
or maybe even a Mountain Dew.

TKBMECH
07-16-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't know what Teresa was thinking, but she stuck by her guns, and Jr's decision to go to hendricks shows how bad he wants to win, I can't beleive Bud didn't go with him, But I have to admit, I sure think it would have been cool to see him go to Childress and drove a Black car

BYRD
07-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Bud didn't go with him for a few reasons.

1. Hendrick had deals with other sponsors already in place.

2. Hendrick wanted to much money from BUD. Hendrick was asking for a ridiculous amount of money. Tons more than BUD gives DEI currently.

3. Bud is getting out of sponsoring as many things. They are dropping the Busch series and other sponsorships as well. Seems Anheuser is cutting back for some reason and didn't want to pay the money Hendrick was asking for.

I would have liked to see him go to Joe Gibbs Racing and team with Stewart and Hamlin. I think those three could have given Gordon and Johnson a run for their money.

pepsi_man
07-16-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah, I was concerned he would join Gibbs racing. Wonder if the Bud sponsor kept Joe from looking into that for that reason. He would never have anythingto do w/ alcohol. Only sad thing on this side is Pepsi lost all the traxks so there goes my free tickets to all the races. Time to look into season tickets now.

Pepsi man

BYRD
07-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Heard that as well. I think Coke is stepping up. I'm a Pepsi drinker myself. I'll drink tea or water if a restaurant don't have pepsi products.

gmoore
07-17-2007, 01:31 PM
there also is some bad blood between them dating back to when bud sponsored the #25 car years ago.

gary

pepsi_man
07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Byrd, Pepsi only for me too!! For that is what pays my bills.;-)

rrr
07-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Theres gonna be alot of disspointed people and alot of people peelin stickers off the back windows of their pickups.

gmoore
07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
yeah i'm one of those people, but my #3 sticker will never come off my black pickup!!!

gary