View Full Version : Welcome to the Rigging Message Board

Pages : [1] 2

Brandon
07-16-2007, 02:34 PM
A lot of Tidal Fishers asked for a Rigging board so here we go. I would ask that people please make the title of each thread descriptive as to identify the type of rig so people can use this as a resource as well.

The board is intended for inshore, offshore, bay, bait, artificial and any other type of rigging for fishing.

Thanks to all for the suggestion for this board.

Brandon

Old-Grady
07-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks Brandon it should be a good addition to the other boards.

sfcallen
07-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for adding this. I think it will fill with many tips on rigging that get lost on the other boards.

Fishman
07-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks B there should be some good reading and learning here

PlaynHooky
07-16-2007, 10:22 PM
ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE......hmmmmmmm BRANDON CAN I HAVE A NEW 25' CENTER CONSOLE??????:D You RULE!!!

Flybyknight
07-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi Everybody,
Could some kind soul please explain: What is a Carolina rig? What are the parts to it, how do you make it, and finally what is the best way to present it?
Thanks in advance.
Dick

Darren
07-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Carolina rig is just putting an egg sinker on your main line, so it can slide up and down it. You tie off your main line with a snap or barrel swivel to act as a stop, then attach your leader and hook to it.

http://www.nebraskafishing.com/articleImages/carolina-rig.jpg

Or you can get fancy and add beads and such.

http://www.officiallakeforktrophybass.com/lakeforktrophybass/UserFiles/Image/carolina.gif

they can be used lots of different ways. Some people fish them for sheepshead, drum and flounder. I prefer them for amberjack. A fishfinder rig is pretty much interchangable with one, but for some reason doesn't always produce as well.

Striper In
07-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I like that Carolina Rig....been a f/finder type of guy for the longest time.....
may switch over??

West Ailsworth
07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I like that Carolina Rig....been a f/finder type of guy for the longest time.....
may switch over??

I've always used fishfinder rigs when I'm fishing a stationary bait... one in which i want to leave the reel in free spool so the fish can run with the bait and not feel any tension.

I use carolina rigs when I'm casting.. perhaps it's just a personal preference.

Carolina rigs seem to be most popular among largemouth bass fisherman

Brandon
07-20-2007, 11:14 AM
If we do rigs, please start a new thread with the name in the subject so we can find things easily.

Thanks

Brandon