View Full Version : White thread

Steve F
07-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Have any of you guys had problems with white thread before???? I have built over 300 rods but believe it or not I have never used white thread. Iím double wrapping this white thread (I have a reason for doing this) and I having a hard time getting the 2nd layer to lie flat, what Iím doing wrongÖ Iím using HT thread and I have never had a problem with this thread before, whatís your take on this????

Seahunter
07-18-2007, 09:39 PM
What size thread are you using? A or D?

Steve F
07-19-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm using size "A" and it's just not laying flat not sure what's going on...

Seahunter
07-19-2007, 11:47 PM
I had an issue with "D" HT a few years back when I didn't get the thread packed tight enough on the first wrap. I got tired of messing with it and applied a coat of CP which solved the prolem.

Steve F
07-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Well I got things worked out last night but believe this or not I went to Joann Fabrics and picked up some different thread and I got it to work. I like using the HT thread and have not had a problem with it but for some reason I just could not get this white to work for me but the rod is done and will make deliver on it tomorrow at the Wish-A-Fish. Thanks

Seahunter
07-20-2007, 10:39 AM
The next time you're looking for thread give this place a try. I fell this thread is a lot better behaved than the HT

Robison-Anton Metallic Embroidery Thread - All Threads (http://www.allthreads.com/metallic_top.aspx)

Steve F
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Thank you so much for that web site, you can't beat the prices they offer and I'm going to order some right now. 1000 yrds. for $11.00 that is great. :thumbup:

FLATLINER
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Steve, you might want to buy a small spool and try it before you are in a time crunch. A large majority of the embroidery threads are made over seas, and not with rodbuilding in mind. Some of them are imprednated with silicone to give them a "brilliant sheen" like advertised on the site. I dont know that they are, but I have bought gold metallic and it has been fine, bought silver from same company and more fish eyes than a gutting station.!!!!!!!!

Good luck. Keep us posted as I am always looking to lower the bottom line!

Kevin Knox
Queen Anne, Md