View Full Version : Color scheme ?

pursuit_2150
07-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I have a black 50# stand-up offshore blank and chrome Aftco HD rollers and a blk/gold Aftco handle. Got any good thread schemes for this.

Steve F
07-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Black or blue with gold trim or Red with gold trim that would look sharp on that rod. I like using the Gudebrod HT Metallic thread and I also double wrap the guides. :thumbup:

Seahunter
07-27-2007, 09:23 AM
There is something you can play with. You have to use your imagination a bit but it's helpful when helping people select their color combinations.

http://www.tightwraps.com/test/paramtest.php

A great website for thread design

Vizwrap Pattern Library Page (http://tightwraps.com/vizwrap/vizpatternsmenu.php)

If you decided to use metallics just be aware that quite a few of them, especially the darker colors will not age so gracefully with purple and maroon being the worst offenders.

When it came time to start work on my set of trolling rods I went with Euro gold under warps with charcoal trim bands and over wraps with a single thread black band centered under the guide. I get tons of comments on this color combination

Mike Hammer
09-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I like garnet and gold myself. I've gotten to the point where all of my rods are garnet, gold and black I've got a few dozen spools of thread and just don't use them. I'm a member of a Rod building club near Phillly and everyone tries to out do each other with fancy wraps and I've done a few but all said and done I just don't have the time.

FLATLINER
09-14-2007, 08:03 AM
I build 50 to 75 offshore sets a year. Here are some combinations. blue black gold, green black gold, green black silver, red black gold, red black silver, black gold, black silver,
for truly amazing color, look into sulky holoshimmer. black copper, black gold, black ruyal clue, black christmas green gold/silver, any of the holoshimmer colors and black.

If you decide that you like the holoshimmer colors, mudhole has them. PM me and I will give you the best way to wrap it on rods.

Also, you mentioned that you have chrome guides and a BG unibutt. Its not going to look good to have that combination. If you can get black guides that will make it look much beter.

Tight wraps,
Kevin