View Full Version : 21' Grady White Cuddy

Pages : [1] 2

reskewed
09-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Well, here she is in all her glorious disrepair-- Transom is not soft, It simply is NOT! amazingly enough, the stringers seem to be in great shape. motor runs, but needs a valve job. OMC outdrive is original and has recently had about $1000 worth of gearing repairs. She will eventually get a windshield and hardtop with side curtains. This is going to be a much longer project than the STARCRAFT was. She will be named RESKEWED II.

rrr
09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow. Hey don't be too intimidated. Mine was wayyy worse. Unless the stringers are hollow, I would double check them with a moisture meter just to be safe. Also, is the top crooked? On the head on pic, it looks like the front deck is leaning to the left when the waterline looks level.

reskewed
09-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I didn't notice that the deck looks crooked till I saw your reply. I think it is sitting on the trailer crooked, but I will look at it closer tomorrow in the daylight
I'm not intimidated by the scope of the project at all, but time is at a premium due to my business (waterproofing and basement egress) experiencing a growth spurt. Go figure, 5 years of slow and steady- I get a great project boat- all hell breaks loose! Maybe I should've gotten a project boat 5 years ago:D :yes:

rrr
09-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Hehe...get some more boats and higher some more workers:D

Expand and I'll run your business up here...division II.

I would check out that leaning. There is nothing more important then getting the boat level when starting a project.

edgewater1
09-02-2007, 07:55 AM
good luck i hope, i'll see you out there

reskewed
09-02-2007, 12:13 PM
I looked at it this morning, the trailer tires on that side are in a small depression in the yard where a different trailer tire sat for a while.........

27 sailfish
09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Hell-a little paint and she'll be good as new :D .

If you get that Grady fixed up-our Grady owners club would love to have you as a guest speaker.

Good luck fixing her up-shame someone let a good boat go to waste. Skip

reskewed
09-03-2007, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=27 sailfish;889628]Hell-a little paint and she'll be good as new :D .

funny.... I think the guy that owned her before my nephew did just that..... at least once! :D

done workin
09-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Yeah, Mark, I'd say that's a little bit bigger than the Starcraft project. Rip it all out and start over with the hull and stringers.

HOWEVER, the thought of a bracket and 2 small twins like we discussed has LARGE potential, even a 200HP on her will be good. They make brackets with built in kicker mounts if you opt for the single.

GOOD LUCK, Deb's gonna love it:D :eek2:

reskewed
09-04-2007, 02:59 PM
[
GOOD LUCK, Deb's gonna love it:D :eek2:[/QUOTE]

yeah, you shoulda seen the (grin) on her face when I got home:eek: :eek2: