View Full Version : Braid to terminal tackle knot?

Pages : [1] 2 3

lindbeck25
09-10-2007, 09:12 AM
What knot should I use for tying braid to a swivel or some other peice of termial tackle? I try to keep everything simple by really only using 3 knots, uni or uni-uni, noslip loop and a improved cinch. Will a uni knot be suffcient or will it slip?

codydog
09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Try a Polomar Knot. Really easy to tie and works well

little bubba
09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
The noslip loop knot works for me. Best knot I've found. Allows the terminal tackle to have better action when fishing. Holds real good to. I use it for mono and braided.
LBubba

ReelSmith
09-19-2007, 07:21 AM
palomar knot works great for braid, uni knot is good too, just make sure to use 6-8 wraps

racn35
09-20-2007, 05:51 AM
i use the improved cinch, then just in case it may slip i leave about a 1/4 tail then with a match just barely melt the end of the line so it makes a ball, you know the way you do nylon ropes to keep them from fraying, the little ball stops at the coils and the knot will never slip again

River Lizard
09-25-2007, 07:10 PM
i use the improved cinch, then just in case it may slip i leave about a 1/4 tail then with a match just barely melt the end of the line so it makes a ball, you know the way you do nylon ropes to keep them from fraying, the little ball stops at the coils and the knot will never slip again

That's what I do too and you can't beat the improved cinch, I don't think I've ever had the knot come apart (if tied correctly). If your hook is snagged, you'll break everything else before that knot will give way....from hooks bent to leaders snapped to lines breaking but I've never had it break at the knot. I'm definitely sold on the improved cinch.

FlatDaddy
09-26-2007, 06:07 PM
The palomar retains alot of line strength and is simple to tie. The uni-knot is good and so is the double clinch knot. I use the palomar as much as possible.

B Varney
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I also use the 380 polymar knot as well. Quick, easy, and extremely efficient. Just make sure whatever knot you tie with that braid that you wet the line first to prevent slipage.

Knot Crazy
10-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I've used the uni with 7 turns ever since I started using braid and have never had any issues. It's also my favorite knot and I use it so much I can tie it with my eyes closed so that helps. It sounds like they all work but what's important to me is to use a knot you're familiar with to keep your confidence level up. I also double my braid with a spider and go with a uni to uni on the flouro leaders when fishing lures, again no issues yet.

rit.05
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Palomar knot is the easiest to tie(my opinion). Just make sure you loop through the eye twice if you're using braid so it doesn't slip. I haven't had one fail yet on the catties...