View Full Version : Stinger Hook for Bluefish

SommerTime
11-03-2007, 02:43 PM
I do alot of livelining for Bluefish. I can't tell you how many times the Bluefish bites the tail or the middle of the bait and not touch the hook. Someone suggested that I use a stinger hook rigging. Can anyone give me a stinger hook rigging that can be used with spot in livelining?

Thanks
SommerTime:fishing2:

tolmaz
11-03-2007, 09:29 PM
This is one on a flounder hook. take wire or cable and connect it to the LB hook. Cable length is 2-3 inches depending on the size of the bait. Take one barb of the trble hook and stick it in the side of the live bait

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/tolmaz/flounderpounderstinger002.jpg

SommerTime
11-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks Tolmaz:

I'll give that a try. I've started doing my own rigging, i.e. using crimping tool and steel leader.
Thanks Again
SommerTime

FlatDaddy
12-29-2007, 06:53 PM
This is one on a flounder hook. take wire or cable and connect it to the LB hook. Cable length is 2-3 inches depending on the size of the bait. Take one barb of the trble hook and stick it in the side of the live bait

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/tolmaz/flounderpounderstinger002.jpg

How do you get that rig out of the mouth of an undersized flounder?

Sand Flea
01-13-2008, 06:15 PM
I do use and like the Tolmaz version

FlatDaddy
02-02-2008, 06:57 AM
I guess it must be a real pain to get that rig out of a throwback flounder, or my question would have been answered.:rolleyes:

tolmaz
02-02-2008, 09:49 AM
FD You can use any type hook you want as the stinger or no stinger at all.. My point was the cable. This is one version of many. one of the barbs is cut off the treble. Mosy of the fish we have caught on this rig we removed the hook without much effort. Alot of guys still use trebles on the crakbaiits, diamond jigs etc. Last year everyone was trying to figure out where to hook the live bait and what type hook to use because the rock took the bait too deep. So its a personal preference which hook you choose to use. I was just trying to answer a question. Its up to you to use it or not