View Full Version : Shower Curtain Hooks

SommerTime
12-01-2007, 12:18 PM
This may appear to be stupid but I cannot locate the shower curtain hooks that are used as release mechanism for planer boards. I believe that the shower curtain hook is used with rubber bands as a release mechanism when a fish strikes. I have looked everywhere for them, i.e. Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target. Has anyone purchased any lately and can point me in the direction.

Thanks
SommerTime:helpsmilie:

fshbreath
12-02-2007, 05:17 PM
You could try large snap swivels. Ilooked but didn't find the curtain rings earlier this year.
Good luck,

chilli
12-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Home Depot has them.

Another alternative that I perfer is the cheap aluminum carabiners that are also sold at home depot.

bl
12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Suburban Ace Hardware in Cockeysville had them in the spring. 410-785-1300.

L WILSON
12-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I use Scotty Clips work great , no rubber bands to fool with

cu-m-hara
12-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I used to use shower curtain hooks - metal ones - with rubber bands
I got them at Dollar Value
I switched to aluminum carabiner hooks with scotty clips for planer boards
I got the carabiner hooks at my local hardware store. I ask the guy if I bought 36 would he cut me a deal and he did!
I got the scotty clips for planer boards at Alltackle

SommerTime
12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Found the hooks at Home Depot. I am not going to use them for release clips on planer but for organizing tackle. I sure could use any suggestions for organizing tackle, i.e. made up leaders 30", 60", 30' and etc. Thinking ahead to spring trolling, it sure would be nice to be able to organize the lures for your spread so that they dry without rusting, and the bucktail hair doesn't get all messed up and certainly keep the yellow and white sassy shads separate from each other. Any suggestions?

Charlie S
03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Hang the lures on the side of a 5gal. bucket. Comb out the hair and use hair conditioner if tangled. I use 2 buckets to dry the wt and yellow seperately. When dry I store them in Plastic shoe boxes that I buy at the dollar store. Nice and neat for the next trip!