View Full Version : Little River Area mid Feb

deeka
01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Fellas, I will be heading down from Chesapeake country in mid Feb. I plan to put in at the ramp closest to Little River Inlet in N. Myrtle Beach. Any tips/advise on this area (my first time)? I'm hoping for some redfish or trout, but will go for whatever is biting. Thanks in advance!
Dave

Coastal1
02-25-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm from North Myrtle and was down last weekend. They were killing the trout around the swing bridge, from boat and guys were out there in waders. This has not been a normal hotspot for trout but they have been doing real well. I also have gotten some reports of reds being caught around the sunset beach swing bridge in the ICW. Bmail me if you want some more detailed info. R/Chip.

deeka
02-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the reply,Chip. I was down there and fished 2/16(sat.) and 2/17(sun.) on the morning falling tide and NADA both days. We were using DOA shrimps, CALs, and other artificials in all colors at the swing bridge. The locals had said that the bite had ended a couple days before. It seems all I have to do is show up and I can shut a fishery down! So any help you can offer is appreciated. I tried to send you a B-mail but it said you are no accepting them. See... I probably screwed your account up too! I will be going down next month for a few days. Bmail me with some help...PLEASE!! Thanks Chip!

Dave