View Full Version : Rod riggin

nnkkayak
02-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi,
I am looking for advice what everyones favorite line is for light inshore fishin.
Thanks,
- nnkkayak

blue lou
02-08-2008, 09:52 PM
That is scary on so many levels. Wow.

captdavdavis01
02-08-2008, 10:43 PM
partner, if you dont know how to rig a rod, how do you plan on finding a fish for your people to catch.

DANNY

nnkkayak
02-09-2008, 09:20 AM
No, sorry i did not mean to look like a retard. I am just looking for suggestions which lines people like best to use for inshore light tackle stuff. I think I am going to put a braid type on all the reels and wanted feedback, that is all.

captdavdavis01
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
well, braid is good, but its not cheap, plus its very hard to untangle. i personally would try to stay away from it if i were in the guide service for those reasons. Powerpro is as good as any, i use berkley crystal on my spec and pup stuff(it almost dissappers in the water).

for regular mono, i like momoi diamond, jinkai and suffix, in that order. in years past, we used alot of ande, but its so damned springy, it a bear to cast, those mono lines i speake of are a great deal more "relaxed". the diamond line is smaller diameter per pound test.

hope it helps.

danny

SommerTime
02-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Power Pro is the best for bait and jigging

ovyaker75
02-23-2008, 09:24 AM
I like suffix braid because the way it feels out of the box and how it keeps it shape and feel through out the season, I tried using berkley crystal and was highly disappointed on the way it performed, for being a braid it really had alot of memory like cheap mono, came out like a slinky out of my spool everytime I used it..... power pro is another good braid as stated above.
Ray