View Full Version : Kayak Striper fly fishing in mid-April

Ulrichsm
03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've got some time in mid-April to fly fish for stripers in my yak and word has it that the Delaware coast is the "Hot-zone" right about then. I would like to try it, so if any of you have easy launching sites within close range of some good fly fishing grounds in around Delaware, I would appreciate any information put forth. Thank you.

Jay F.
03-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I dont know about being the "hot zone" but there should be some good catch and release action around Cape Henlopen pier at night and at Indian River Inlet. The water will still be warming up by mid-april.

Salmo trutta
03-07-2008, 10:52 AM
You'd probably want to go to Susquehanna Flats in Maryland that time of year. But there are some rivers and dams in DE that can be excellent that time of year but I'm not if it's legal to target striped bass during the spawning run in DE.

The DE coast might not have turned on yet. Might be a little cold but you never know. However, the DE coast is never outstanding in DE no matter what time of year. Those areas mention in the thread above are good places to look though.