View Full Version : braid to mono knot

BoatDad
03-29-2008, 12:10 PM
I figured out that a uni knot works great for this connection. Here is my problem I need a knot for rigging floss to braid so I can put a loop in the line to connect to my planner board line? All suggetions taken thanks . i was considering doing a few wrapps and putting super glue on the wrapps I just do not want the loop to slide because I want my line a exact amount of feet behind the boat the loop is the mark for this.:helpsmilie:

27 sailfish
03-29-2008, 08:11 PM
You could try a dacron loop- you would need to insert the braid into the dacron and then slide it up to your mark.

Much easier just to use a marker to mark your spot.Sometimes loops will get caught in the guides :eek2:-that never happens at a good time.

jrhjr
02-05-2009, 10:43 PM
With about 10 turns, run the tag end off of the rod side so it will jam (it will still slide without tension)

carey
02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
could you just tie a dropper loop in the part of the line where you want the planner board?

Mike-JacksonCreek
04-13-2009, 11:20 AM
I use 400 lb leader mono with stainless clamps for my boards. I think that the flex or stretch in the line really helps out on hard jerks from rough water.