View Full Version : Message for fishleader

5th Tuition
04-11-2008, 07:35 PM
George; I bought some 1 1/2 oz. slider parachutes from you at the flea market. The white and the green with black heads have been my hottest lures this spring C/R season. Maybe the black head looks like the eye on the 9 in. sassy shad. I have never run such light chutes before. My intention was to run them as the light lure on a tandum, but they have been HOT as singles off the planner boards. Once the season comes in and the boat traffic picks up, who knows if they will still be as effective. But they have been great so far. 5th

fishleader
04-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Yep they work very well that way. How far did you let them out?
The 1 1/2 ounce sliders also work good on umbrella rigs.

5th Tuition
04-12-2008, 06:55 AM
George; off the planners I was running them at 80 ft. because I had a 4 oz at 60 and a 8 oz at 40 ft. Because they were so hot, I switched to running a 1 1/2 oz at both the 80 & 60 ft positions. I have been running all singles off boards and tandums off the boat; but just yesterday I made up two umbrellas with the 1 1/2 oz baits on umb. with two lures and plan to run them at 175 and 125 off the boat with no added weight. I have been going south to C/R bouy but will concentrate on closer home waters (Metapeake, Thomas Point, Bloody Point) with water not as clean so I will add the umb. for more action in the water. 5th