Tidal Fish Forum banner

Zoom Trick Worms

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tracker12 
#1 ·
:helpsmilie:CAN ANYBODY TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO HOOK THESE WORMS? I RAN INTO A GUY WHO WAS TELLING ME HOW GOOD THESE WORMS ARE, BUT I THINK I MAY HAVE MISS UNDERSTOOD HOW TO HOOK THEM. HE SAID TO HOOK THEM ABOUT HALF WAY DOWN STRAIGHT THROUGH THE CENTER WITH A 3/0 WIDE GAP HOOK?? DOES HE MEAN TO THRED THE WORN ON THE HOOK AND COME OUT THE CENTER????

THIS IS ALSO MY FIRST TIME STARTING A THREAD!!!

#2 ·
Welcome to the Board!
You did good starting the thread but you may want to unlock the caps! I think it means that you are talking loud or shouting or something like that.
My son uses the white trick worm with out any weight in a shallow lake in Charles City County and has good luck with it.
The worm has good action if you kind of shake the rod tip lightly
He just hooks it in the nose like any other plastic worm but you can hook it right in the center like some do a earth worm .( No don't thread it on just hook it tru the middle)and then either jig it or cast it out and work it real slow and shake the rod tip lightly once in a while as you reel it in.. Good Luck:thumbup: and :bigfish:

#4 ·
Zoom Trick worms are very bouyant (floaters). I use them quite a bit here on the E'Shore for Bass, and rarely see anyone else use them.

I rig them 'texas style', but use a 12" leader connected to a small black swivel. Two reasons for the swivel... just enough weight to cause the worm to sink very slowly, and rigged this way, they will dart around similar to a slug-o if twitched very gently, and you'll get line twist.

The white and methiolate are go-to colors in my neck of the woods... great for flooded spadderdoc (pads) on tidal rivers.

#5 ·
As stated above, your friend was almost certainly referring to a wadky rigged worm, first popularized using senkos. In most circumstances, you won't want a buoyant worm... but rather one that is loaded with salt or otherwise very heavy (like the senko). This allows the worm to sink a bit faster (it is still VERY slow) which is where it gets its subtle action, and it allows you to cast farther even though it is fished without any weight. I use a 1/0 or 2/0 extra heavy duty hook for the same reasons.

Wacky rigged senkos or thier imitators is a deadly finesse presentation!

#6 ·
I love the Trick worm and fish it wacky with a 3/0 circle hook. It is the best worm I have found for the wacky method. Just hook the worm through the collar. I like the circle with the point turned in it does not hang up on things as much. When the fish hits just reel in the slack and hold on. 3/0 might look big but it works go smaller and you will hook the fish to deep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.