Tidal Fish Forum banner

Trailer Hook Rigging

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mdstud007 
#1 ·
The catfish this past weekend were eating my bait from the back end, never actually eating the part that had the hook in it. Someone suggested I use a trailer hook.

I want to learn the best way to do this. I have seen suggestions that say to hook the eye of the second hook with the first hook, but I wonder if that could get wiggled off. I was thinking about some kind of short leader on the second hook and tying/coupling the leader where the first hook is tied/coupled. The problem here is the varying length of bait would make me need an adjustable leader, I imagine.

How do you guys rig your trailer hooks?

Thanks,
Chris

#2 ·
Chris,

You should put the main hook through the eye on the trailer hook and then take a piece of surgerical hose or a small rubber band to slip over the main hook. This way it won't slide past it. Just make sure you replace it after a while if you leave it out in the sun. It will fall apart (dry rott) Good luck fishing for those big cats!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.